All I Want for Christmas is a New Bathroom!

**Disclaimer: This post has been sponsored by All opinions are my own.**

Have you heard this from your significant other lately? Or are you planning on updating, modernizing or remodeling your bathroom in the New Year? Whether you are looking for a quick update in terms of a new faucet and bathroom hardware or are currently saving for that full remodel, the folks over at Modern Bath have you covered.

Don’t let the name fool you – they don’t only have items to fit the modern aesthetic, every taste is catered for. Modern Bath has a much better selection than the big home improvement stores, offers free shipping on most items and they will even price math and offer a 10% discount if you find the product cheaper elsewhere!

Have I got your attention now? :-)   Here’s some bathroom inspiration taken mostly from their Fresca line of products. I am drooling over the Fresca Pravia massage shower panel and the gorgeous espresso vanity in particular!

modernbath mood board

 From left to right: Fresca Delphinus Toilet | Fresca Magnifico Robe Hooks | Fresca Magnifico Towel Bar 

Robern Decorative Framed Mirror | Elan Niu Sconce | Fresca Caro Vanity | Fresca Pravia Shower Panel 

Fresca Bevera Faucet

While there are thousands of items to choose from it is easy to narrow your search using their filters. You can search by category (Bathroom Furniture,  Showers & Tubs, Toilets, Faucets, Sinks, Lighting, etc.) or by style (modern, contemporary, transitional, antique, traditional) as well as further refine by price, size, wood type, etc. Whatever you need for your new bathroom, you’re guaranteed to find it at Modern Bath!

Holiday Gift Guide 2014

2014 holiday gift guide


Let me save you some time this 2014 Holiday Season with my gift guide selections that are sure to please everyone in your life! I’ve included something for everyone – at every price point. You can thank me later!

(Please note that this post does contain some affiliate links – which does not affect the price you pay –  I just receive a small commission if you purchase. Thank you so much for supporting Wife in Progress! )

gifts for her 2014

1. L’Occitane Shea Collection | 2. Monogram Necklace | 3. J.Crew Downing Tote
4. Betty Louise Studio Wool Hat | 5. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand | 6. VS Long John Pajamas 

gifts for him 2014

 1. The Art of Shaving Sandalwood Kit | 2. iPad Air 2 | 3. Banana Republic Wool Coat
4. J.Crew Leather Work Gloves | 5. Invicta Men’s Watch | 6. New Balance Core Plus Sneaker


gifts for kids 2014

 1.  Aden & Anais Twinkle Gift Set | 2. The Maze Runner Boxset | 3. Amazon Fire HD 6 
4. Taylor Swift  – 19895. One Direction – Four | 6. Musical Magic Elsa Doll 
7. Matched Trilogy Boxset | 8. Classic Twister | 9. Mixable Mashable Superheroes Pack


This post is part of the Holiday Gift Guide Blog Hop

Don’t forget to check out some other great gift guides!

Holiday Baking Ideas: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayAdvantEdge #CollectiveBias

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


With a baby shortly on the way and the holiday season fast approaching,  I know I’m not going to have as much time to bake Christmas cookies as I usually would like to.  This year will be the first year both my husband’s and my family will celebrate Christmas together under one roof.  In anticipation, I’ve been looking for quick and efficient ways to make the holiday recipes that I love without sacrificing that homemade taste.  With that in mind, I headed to my local Price Chopper to pick up some ingredients to make my simple but delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.



I headed straight for the baking section and grabbed a packet of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix. This is a great base for any sort of cookie and saves the time and effort involved in baking a cookie from scratch.


While there, I also grabbed some Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter and a bag of chocolate chips (these are optional – you could change it to peanut butter chips or anything else your heart desires…or don’t add them at all!)

These yummy cookies are a cinch to whip up. In addition the above ingredients the only extras you need are a stick of butter, and 1 egg.ingredients for sugar cookies

I like the “all in one method”. Throw it all into a bowl and mix it up until it forms a dough. Using a cookie scoop, spoon the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Slightly press down on each cookie round. Bake for approximately 12 – 15 minutes or until the cookies are golden.

I added some chocolate icing as a finishing touch.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

All in all, these cookies took 10 minutes to make (including the icing) and the time it took to bake them. They taste delicious and are a perfect festive treat to bring to any holiday party!



Holiday Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields 20
A delicious and simple cookie using Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix and Jif Peanut Butter
Write a review
Prep Time
10 min
Prep Time
10 min
  1. Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
  2. Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
  3. 1 stick of butter
  4. 1 egg
  5. Chocolate chips
  1. Put sugar cookie mix, 1/3 cup of peanut butter, softened butter and 1 cup of chocolate chips into a bowl.
  2. Mix until a dough forms.
  3. Form into cookie rounds and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Press down slightly on each cookie.
  4. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.
  5. Glaze with melted chocolate or chocolate icing.
Adapted from Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
Adapted from Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
Wife in Progress


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...